Wednesday, September 14, 2011

changing seasons, changing music

 It's about time for a music collection update. My recent trip to NC reminded me how much I love good country. The kind that isn't processed and run through the pop ringer. The kind of music that tells a good story, pulls your heart strings, and every instrument has a distinct voice. Some artists/groups I was already familiar with, and some were introduced over the course of three days in the quiet, back-country mountains of western North Carolina. A place I would like to one day call home.

Ryan Bingham - Hallelujah
First listen of his album Junky Star and I am hooked. 



Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel
I heard this song forever ago, so it was not a new discovery, just a new addition to my library. Even though this song is clearly about NC, all I can think of is Colorado when I hear it.


Jason Isbell - Razor Town
How I never heard him before I have no clue. I will be doing my damnest to see him in Athens in October.


Steve Earle - This City
What a beautiful homage to New Orleans.


And so the variety of my music collection grows...more to come soon.

1 comment:

Bryn said...

Ryan Bingham's going to destroy his vocal chords, singing like that. Cool music, though.