Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 9: Heaven

Well...not quite. Today was rougher than I anticipated. I think I need to consume more calories before 6th grade walks in the door. I nearly passed out and was feeling very woozy. But, I chugged a couple more and made it through the rest of my day feeling not even close to 100 percent. Oh well...I figure that it is getting down to the nitty gritty with my body and reserves. I need to be more realistic about what I can and cannot do with such a low calorie diet.

I stopped by the farmers market to pick up my veggies for the soup. It was fun to browse around all the fresh produce and pick out exactly what I wanted. I have never been so excited about cooking in my entire life. Literally. Red potatoes, green beans, yellow squash, broccoli, peas, carrots, and lemons accompanied me out the door.

Since starting this I have fluctuated through a variety of emotions about food. On one hand it has been really nice to not cook or buy food. While I still have my nightly ritual of juicing, I don't spend any time on meals. Being the non-foodie that I am it is rather refreshing. However, I think that through this I will gain a new appreciation for what I do need to put into my body. I am going to start cooking and spending a bit more time taking care of myself. I just don't have an emotional attachment to food at all. I eat because I get hungry or I need energy. But, I think that this endeavor is a little bit of a lesson to me about taking care of myself, and learning how to truely appreciate the experience of a meal. My first adventure will be to bake my own biscuits. Oh yeah...and grill some serious chicken. mmmmmm.....

No comments: