Monday, June 27, 2011

Writing Challenge #11

Personal Recipe by Harley Schreiber

I do not wish to expiate, but to live. My life is for itself and not for a spectacle. I much prefer that it should be of a lower strain, so it be genuine and equal, than that it should be glittering and unsteady. I wish it to be sound and sweet, and not to need diet and bleeding. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Think about the type of person you’d NEVER want to be 5 years from now. Write out your own personal recipe to prevent this from happening and commit to following it. “Thought is the seed of action.”

~~~~~~~~

I NEVER want to be selfish, petty, demanding, controlling, or ungrateful. I NEVER want to be a complainer or whiner. I NEVER want to be a fake friend.

My personal recipe to keep this from happening is to: give respect, require respect, practice compassion, and have a habit of perpetual integrity. I am going to love my friends with wild abandonment and surround myself with people that share a mutual appreciation for positivity. I will have a smile, eye contact, and a firm handshake when I meet someone new. I will make an effort to have unconditional support for, and communication with, my friends. No apologies for who I am and what I stand for, but maintain a gracious attitude in regards to other people's beliefs.

Thought truly is the seed of action. I have been doing a lot of thinking the past 6 months - of which my actions these days are a surprising reflection.

No comments: