Friday, June 17, 2011

Writing Challenge #3

Ok, I don't have enough time to go into great detail with my responses, but I want to stick with it...

Dreams by Michael Rad

Abide in the simple and noble regions of thy life, obey thy heart. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Write down your top three dreams. Now write down what’s holding you back from them.

1) Go to Europe.
What is holding me back? Finances. Debt. But, definitely not fear. Cannot WAIT to get out of this country and see more of the world.

2) Work from home.
Well, I already took the leap and applied (and interviewed) for a job that would allow me to do just that. It is a position that I feel overqualified for, and yet totally overwhelmed by. I guess the one thing holding me back is a board of directors voting on whether I get it or not =) I have done my part.

3) Live in the mountains.
I moved to Atlanta in 2008, and it doesn't look like I will be going anywhere anytime soon due to career, friends, lovely condo, dancing, and working on feeling like I have roots. However, I am not discouraged. I see this as a long-term dream...it will happen eventually. I am patient.

What about you? What are your three dreams? Anything holding you back from them?

No comments: