Thursday, June 16, 2011

Writing Challenge #2

Since I am already a bit behind and I have a few minutes I will post the second challenge right away.

One Thing by Colin Wright

Do your work, and I shall know you. Do your work, and you shall reinforce yourself. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Take a moment, step back from your concerns, and focus on one thing: You have one life to achieve everything you’ve ever wanted. Sounds simple, but when you really focus on it, let it seep into your consciousness, you realize you only have about 100 years to get every single thing you’ve ever wanted to do. No second chances. This is your only shot. Suddenly, this means you should have started yesterday. No more waiting for permission or resources to start. Today is the day you make the rest of your life happen. Write down one thing you’ve always wanted to do and how you will achieve that goal. Don’t be afraid to be very specific in how you’ll achieve it: once you start achieving, your goals will get bigger and your capability to meet them will grow.

~~~~~~~~

Wow. Let's just say that it is difficult for me to narrow it down to just one thing. Live on top of a mountain in a house that my family built, be a muppet, work from home, be a college professor, win a major dance competition with my dance partner, the list simply goes on. Let's pick the college professor...

I will achieve this goal by getting out of the middle school classroom this year. Period.
I will get a job in either my field in industry, leadership, or high school.
Within 5 years I will apply to a doctoral program. UGA or NC State are my top choices.
During the 5 years of working and gaining experience I will look into teaching community college classes -- either in-person or online.
As a full time doctoral student I would like to be teaching classes as adjunct faculty.
Once graduated I will have a solid resume of public school, leadership, community college, and part-time faculty positions.
I will then decide where I want to live and apply at universities in areas of the country that support my lifestyle, mindset, and love of nature.

Yes. that ought about do it =)

What is your one specific goal? You can just list your goal or give me details. I would love to hear about your dreams...

No comments: